SC250 wants to help the County 250 Committees plan the best way to utilize and showcase their assets. This 50/50 Matching Grant would pay up to $10,000 towards paying an expert to do an analysis of the American Revolution assets in the county, their condition, and a plan for monetizing these assets for ongoing Historic Tourism. The assets should still be telling our American Revolution story in SC and driving tourism for our communities long after the anniversary years.
The SC250 Commission recognizes that its partner SC Battleground Preservation Trust (link to website) is in a unique position to provide these plans for the following reasons:
- Partnership with the American Battlefield Trust to produce the The Liberty Trail of SC.
- Only SC Land Trust specializing in Battlefields.
However, please note that the County 250 Committee may use (without hindrance to their application) other historic and tourism consultant(s) for this study as long as they document the consultant’s ability with resumes and copies of previous works under an open REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) process.
- 50/50 matching payment for services
- Be submitted by the official County 250 Committee or their county government on their behalf.
- Site the SC American Revolution Sestercentennial Commission and the SC Battleground Preservation Trust (or other consultants) in the documentation.
- Study scope should include but not be limited to:
- Survey of County assets including American Revolution Era people, places, events, and ideas.
- Assistance with getting any sites listed on SC ArchSite and with SC’s SIAA (State Institute for Archeology & Anthropology) and SHPO (State Historic Preservation Office).
- Indicate file nominations for National Register Listings.
- Recommendations regarding archeological studies and asset increased visibility, improvements & protection, and on-site interpretation.
- Local plan for monetizing historic tourism around these sites, people, and themes.
Who Is Eligible:
The Official County 250 Committee or a fiscal agent on their behalf. Please note that the County Government may designate third-party recipients (i.e. non-profit organizations) to receive grants provided that the County Government applies on their behalf and the Chief Elected Official of the County Government signs the application. All applicants must be located in SC.
How To Apply:
Apply through the Discover SC Web Grant program making sure to include the following checklist:
- Register with the Discover SC Web Grant program - Please note this program manages all SCPRT and SC250 Grants. Pro Tip: When completing registration make sure to select SC250 - SC American Revolution Sestercentennial Commission under Program Area of Interest.
- Under Funding Opportunities make sure to select the correct grant - Agency: SC American Revolution Sestercentennial Commission Title: County Asset Assessment & Tourism Plan Grant
- General Information Form
- Cover Sheet Form
- Grant Narrative including Estimated Timeline & Anticipated Outcomes / Deliverables
- Assurances & Certifications
- Support Materials (*Required)
- Contact Spreadsheet Click Here for a Sample Spreadsheet
- Project Sponsor staff/members who would like to be added to SC250 enewsletter, etc.
- VIPs to keep in the loop (Local Media, Elected Officials, Volunteers, Donors, etc.)
- Fiscal Agent Documentation*
- Fiscal Agent’s W-9
- Fiscal Agent’s adopted budget for the current year
- Fiscal Agent’s most recent operating financial statement
- If the Fiscal Agent has just been established, some documentation to that fact
- If the applicant or fiscal agent is a Non-Profit, we also need the following documentation:*
- IRS 501c3 letter or 501c6 letter
- Secretary of State Registration letter
- List of Board members
- Mission of Non-profit
- Documentation of County Resolution from your SC County supporting your County 250 Committee*
- If using SC Battleground Preservation Trust for study, include agreement with cost (can be contingent on SC250 grant match).
- If using other consultants for study, please submit resume and/or sample works plus agreement with cost (can be contingent on SC250 grant match).
- Copy of resolution designating the group as the official County 250 Committee for the SC county.
- Any other documents that support your request. Applicants are encouraged to submit early and/or contact SC250 to discuss.
- Grant Application Budget
- Budget Best Practices:
- Not all budget categories may be compatible with your grant type. Feel free to skip a section. For example: we do not expect to see land acquisition in the County 250 Organizing Grants.
- If the grant request amount is part of a larger budget, please only include SC250 funding requests in each breakdown section.
- Make sure to not exceed the total amount available for this grant type in the breakdown SC250 request sections. This up to amount is listed in the Amount section below.
- The total budget could be larger if you have additional funding from other sources. If there are any additional funds in your total budget, document them in the Cost Share / Matching Funds section.)
- Does your grant require a match? Checking out the Match or Cost Share Required section below.
- If your grant does require a match, remember that the percentage is part of the total budget not 50% of your ask.
- In-kind match can be documented to show support, however, it cannot be used in the formal match amount.
- Personnel refers to staffing, while contractual refer to any person you are hiring for a specific task.
- Administrative staffing should represent no more than 20% of the budget request.
- Feel free to contact SC250 with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit early and/or contact SC250 to discuss.
up to $10,000 / County (up to $10,000 Match Required)
23FY Anticipated Application Quarterly Deadlines:
Q1: 9/16/22 at 3:00 PM, Q2: 11/9/22 at 3:00 PM, Q3: 2/9/23 at 3:00 PM, Q4: 5/9/23 at 3:00 PM All quarterly deadlines are not postmarked dates as all applications must be submitted in the Discover SC Web Grants program. All times are Eastern.
23FY Anticipated Quarterly Grant Award Dates:
Q1: 10/4/22, Q2: 12/6/22, Q3: 2/28/23, Q4: 5/23/23
Match or Cost Share Required:
Yes, 50% Match Required | Grantee must understand that they will be responsible for paying the consultant their full contract amount in “cash” (or the equivalent).
80% up front with 20% appropriated upon receipt of completed final report. Please structure any agreements with your consultants to mirror this format.
How to Register for the Discover SC Web Grants Program
How to Submit Your Application in the Discover SC Web Grants Program
Sample Contact Excel Spreadsheet - Required Support Material for Most Grants
Word Document with Paper Version of Application for Reference and Preparation Only - Please note that all applicants must be completed in the Discover SC Web Grants Program.