In an effort to ensure that all counties across SC have Sestercentennial programming highlighting their unique role in the American Revolution, the SC250 Commission will be issuing a grant to each county to aid in the formation of their own County 250 Committee and kick start their efforts.
“What I can do for my country, I am willing to do.”Christopher Gadsden
- Be about the business of celebrating the American Revolution in your County by choosing a project in these categories:
- Strategic Planning for your Committee’s Education, Commemoration, and/or Tourism Activities
- Survey of American Revolution Era People, Places, & Stories In Your County
- Historic Research and/or Archeology of an American Revolution Era Site in Your County
- Historic Research to help rediscover the often lost voices of African Americans, Native Americans, Women, and Children
- Designing a Revolutionary Era Trail/Tour in your County (or with Surrounding Counties)
- Memorialize your hero/heroines’ American Revolution actions with statues, markers, art, etc.
- Mark your 18th-century roads, trails, forts, muster grounds, churches, buildings, and other points of interest
- Other – If you choose Other, please describe your proposed project.
- Please note that any activity presented in the Grant Narrative must result in a clear documented Deliverable (a completed, tangible product and/or measurable unit).
- All major materials must display SC250th Commission’s and SC Liberty Trail’s logos.
Who Is Eligible:
Only the Official County 250 Committee or a fiscal agent on their behalf. Please note that the County Government may designate third-party recipients (i.e. County 250 Committees) to receive grants provided that the County Government applies on their behalf and the Chief Elected Official of the County Government signs the application. Our recommendation is to have your county government be your fiscal agent. All applicants must be located in SC. Each county committee can only apply once.
While all SC Counties are eligible for this grant, monies will not be disbursed until a completed application is received.
How To Apply:
Apply through the Discover SC Web Grant program making sure to include the following checklist:
- Register with the Discover SC Web Grant program - Please note this program manages all SCPRT and SC250 Grants. Pro Tip: When completing registration make sure to select SC250 - SC American Revolution Sestercentennial Commission under Program Area of Interest.
- Under Funding Opportunities make sure to select the correct grant - Agency: SC American Revolution Sestercentennial Commission Title: County 250 Organizing Grant
- General Information Form
- Cover Sheet Form
- Grant Narrative including Estimated Timeline & Anticipated Outcomes / Deliverables
- Assurances & Certifications
- Support Materials (*Required)
- Contact Spreadsheet* Click Here for a Sample Spreadsheet
- Project Sponsor staff/members who would like to be added to SC250 enewsletter, etc.
- VIPs to keep in the loop (Local Media, Elected Officials, Volunteers, Donors, etc.)
- Resolution from your SC County Council supporting your County 250 Committee*
Click Here for a Sample Resolution
- Fiscal Agent Documentation*
- Fiscal Agent’s W-9
- Fiscal Agent’s adopted budget for the current year
- Fiscal Agent’s most recent operating financial statement
- If the Fiscal Agent has just been established, some documentation to that fact
- If the applicant or fiscal agent is a Non-Profit, we also need the following documentation:
- IRS 501c3 letter or 501c6 letter
- Secretary of State Registration letter
- List of Board members
- Mission of Non-profit
- Any other documents that support your request. For example: If planning on using grant funds to pay a consultant, you can submit resume and/or sample works of consultant if already selected / REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) if not.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit early and/or contact SC250 to discuss.
- Grant Application Budget
$3,000 / County
23FY Anticipated Application Deadline:
This grant is non-competitive so applications are accepted ongoing until May 9, 2023 at 3:00 PM Eastern (Not a Postmarked Deadline) County 250 Committees are encouraged to apply as soon as the group has a clear goal for their $3,000 grant and all fiscal agent paperwork. Please do not hesitate to reach out to SC250 for assistance with your application.
Grant Award Date:
Grants will be issued upon receipt of approved documentation.
Match or Cost Share Required:
For municipal and county fiscal agents, funds are distributed once application is approved with clearly defined deliverables and timeline. All other fiscal agents will receive 80% at approval and 20% at completion of final paperwork.
How to Register for the Discover SC Web Grants Program
How to Submit Your Application in the Discover SC Web Grants Program
How to Become The Official County 250 Committee
Sample Contact Excel Spreadsheet - Required Support Material for Most Grants
Sample County Council Resolution for Making Your County 250 Committee the Official County Group
Word Document with Paper Version of Application for Reference and Preparation Only - Please note that all applicants must be completed in the Discover SC Web Grants Program.